A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas with Ruthie

It was one for the books. Both Ian and I said many times how wonderful this Christmas was and how much we loved sharing it together and with Ruthie. She is truly the most precious bug-a-boo that ever God made.

Since she was born within a week of Christmas, she got to participate in the hospital's stocking tradition. They sent her home with a stocking she could get inside of and since she was our favorite Christmas gift by far, we took a picture of her under our tree in the stocking. I'll let you see for yourself how darling it is.


And since I have received a few comments about how mommy isn't in any of the photos, I am letting go of my vanity and posting this one. Maybe someday my face will return to a normal size. Sigh.
And here is the whole family at Christmas. We celebrated with Ian's family at his sister's Heather's place. It was so great. Everything was so festive and fun and Ruthie did great on her second outing ever (she had only been to the pediatrician before that).
We probably won't have another Christmas quite like this one and we treasured every minute of it. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with your own families!

2 comments:

  1. I love the photos! And the stocking is awesome!
    What a cute little family you all are... so sweet!
    Love, Aunt Sheila : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! She's a doll! I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete