A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Friday, December 9, 2011

32 Years Old, 40 Weeks Pregnant

I think most of you know that I was due on my birthday. A very strange coincidence, but true none the less. So, in spite of our terrible picture taking-abilities, is a photo of me, now 32 years old and 40 weeks pregnant.

Obviously, Ian is with me and we're in our family room, by our tree (don't you just love Christmas?). This is just before Ian took me on a birthday date down to 2nd Street, where we ate at Open Sesame (YUM!), did a little shopping, got dessert at Frosted and then coffee at Starbucks. It was a wonderful date and I am so blessed to have such a great husband. He came home with bouquet of flowers, also. I know, too adorable. =)

The lovely date night was preceded by a delightful day full of the wonderful women and children in my family. I had a great walk with Mary and her kids, then met my mom and all my sisters and sister-in-laws for lunch, with their kids that weren't in school. And then Heather came over to wish me a happy birthday and due date day and we had a great time chatting before my date with Ian. I felt very loved and celebrated.

Now if only this kid would come and get his or her own birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment