A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Friday, December 16, 2011

Day 8: A Funny Story

So Ian was giving me a report a few days ago about his day and how school went and so on. And he said that his kids said when they saw him still in the classroom (I guess they were expecting the sub), "Your wife still hasn't had her baby? Well, is she walking?"
Gee, thanks Doogie Howser. I didn't know his freshman English kids were medical professionals, such experts on how to get labor going. Thank goodness they didn't ask about the other common household method for inducing labor (wink, wink).
And for the record, yes, I'm walking. But they lie. It doesn't do any good. I've been walking every day for the past nine and A HALF months and still no baby. But, at the advice of Ian's very knowledgeable students, I am about to put on my walking shoes this morning and give it another go.

No comments:

Post a Comment