A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Baby Watch Day 7: All Quiet on the Western Front

Now that I've started with the daily reports, I feel the need to continue, lest someone think by my not posting that I've gone into labor. So here we are now, 41 weeks pregnant, and hanging in there.
I just have to say how grateful I am to the mom, sisters, sister-in-laws and many friends who are doing more than their part to distract me during this time. Everyone is so supportive and sympathetic - thank you!
And now, I am off to Seal Beach, to go for a walk with Mary and her kids. Later today, we have our second post due appointment at the hospital, where they will again monitor the baby's heartbeat for 15 minutes and then do another ultrasound. If all looks good (which I suspect will be the case), they will again send us home. If not, they will keep us and schedule an inducement. We made this appointment in the afternoon so Ian could go to work and still be with me for whatever happens. The one car thing is tricky, but thankfully, all my entertainment has been willing to come to me and either hang out at my house or take me somewhere and then bring me back. I am so well loved. And it's nice knowing Ian can get home quickly if he needs to.
Hopefully one of these days I'll have something interesting to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment