A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Blog-A-Thon: Nursery Part 2

In my first nursery post, I showed you the drawer pulls and changing table/dresser. Life changing stuff, I know. Well, I'm back with a glimpse of the crib, bookcase, shelf and even some decals. If this doesn't blow your hair back, I don't know what will!
Feeling inspired (and taking pity on my husband who hates assembling IKEA furniture probably more than anything else in the world), I decided to put together our bookcase myself. Trying to avoid the cheapness of IKEA, we had looked on Craigslist and other places online a lot but just couldn't find what we were looking for. So we broke down and purchased "assemble furniture," aka low quality. But, I have to say, it looks pretty cute all put together!
So here is part of the assembly process. I'll spare you the gory details of how long it took me. Here you can see part of the bookcase up, the crib (with the awesome blanket my mom gave us at the family shower), as well as the SUPER CUTE rug that all our baby's aunts gave us (our baby has five aunts - what treasures!).
And here is a photo of the decals. Ian put those up, and quite happily I might add. I think he figured spending 20 minutes putting up decals was way better than two days worth of repainting. We both love how the decals turned out - so cute and whimsical!
And here is an ABC shelf my friend Tali gave us for our shower. On top are some ABC flash cards from my friend Amy and hanging from it is a darling little monkey from my friend Roe. See what I mean by amazing generosity? Oh, and below that is Ian's favorite gift so far, from his grandparents. It's our back pack - we can't wait until cricket is big enough for us to cart him or her around in that!
More to come on the nursery - the third and final installment. You're going to love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment