A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Monday, December 12, 2011

My First Post Due Appointment

So, we're still cooking away over here. Hopefully babies aren't like microwave popcorn - you leave that in there for just a second or two too long and your whole house stinks for hours and the popcorn is totally inedible. But, the very nice nurse at Memorial assures me that is not the case and our baby cooking a little longer is no problem.
We had a great visit today to the hospital. Seriously, I'm not joking. Many of our appointments and experiences at Talbert, where I go for my regular visits, has been less than enjoyable. But today, the nurse was so friendly, answered all of our questions and when she did the ultra sound to check my fluid levels, she let us look at the baby for ten minutes. It was glorious! We hardly got the see the baby at all during our mid-way ultrasound so this was super fun. Ian took the day off work so he could go with me (and with the thought that if things weren't fine and they decided to keep me, he would already be there). So he also got to see the baby and it was great. I tell you what, this baby is cute. Oh dear, it's so soon for the totally nonobjective statements to start. But I can't help myself.
Everything is looking good - my fluids, the baby's heartbeat, movement, etc. Since the baby is doing fine, so they are going to continue to let us go, which we're glad for. We've heard being induced can be a doozy. Tomorrow I have my regular appointment with the doctor and then Thursday we go back to the hospital for another check up. If things still look good, they will send us home again. If not, they'll keep us and induce then. So each time we go, we pack up our bags, not sure if we'll be coming home again. I will say this - it's a great way to keep your house very clean. Each time I think, "We may not be coming back, so I better tidy this up or put that away." I'm sure my clean house is the reason the system is having me spend so much time with medical professionals.
The nurse today did say that the longest they let people go is 42 weeks - please pray we don't have to go 42 weeks and then be induced. 42 weeks would be Dec. 22 and then if I have a long labor, we might not have our baby until the 23rd, meaning we wouldn't leave the hospital until the 24th. YIKES! But, I'm getting ahead of myself. We could still go into labor today. Let's hope for that. In the meantime, pray that I will wait with courage and patience. I have been battling a lot of anxious thoughts about the health of the baby, so pray I trust the Lord and wait on his perfect timing.
Signing off,
Momma in Waiting and Baby A Stewing

No comments:

Post a Comment