A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day 5

You know the funny thing with due dates? They are such an inexact science. Did you know that only 4% of babies are actually born on their due date? So clearly, it should really be more of a range. They should tell you, "Sometime between November 25th and December 25th, you're going to have a baby." Doctors will caution you not to put too much stock in your due date. Okay, check. Got it. Truth be told, I really didn't expect to go into labor on the 8th.
But then riddle me this, Batman - if everyone agrees it's an inexact science, why do they watch you so closely the second you go past your due date? Ah, well, I guess it could be worse. Well, I know it could be worse, so hopefully my prayer of being a more patient waiter will be answered. Any day now. =)
And, if you're going to be sitting at home waiting for a baby, I must say - throw a fake log on the fire, turn your couch to face it, and get your husband to cuddle with you while eating peppermint ice cream. It's pretty great.
Maybe tomorrow there will be a baby!

2 comments:

  1. Ah! I've been thinking about you every day! At least you know it can't be much longer. But I hate waiting, so right now, you sound very patient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks friend! The waiting is SO much worse than I thought, but you're right, it can't last that much longer. No woman has ever been pregnant forever and I'm not likely to create any world records, thankfully.

    ReplyDelete