A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Spring Break in Huntington Beach

I know, I know, you hate us. Not only do we have a free place to stay in a gorgeous location, we're on a teacher's schedule and so have the time to go there. Huntington Beach has always been a really special place to me. I have so many memories there: Vacationing as a family from Texas when I was a child, going in high school with friends after we moved here, staying during college with my "posse," coming with Ian for Valentine's Day, etc. So I was REALLY looking forward to going there with Ruthie, to make some memories in that place with her. And the time there did not disappoint. We walked on the pier, we went to the sand, we ate at Sugar Shack, we got donuts - all the usuals that make for a spectacular trip. I so enjoyed the time with Ian, and I also enjoyed the help with Ruthie. It was really nice to be able to go out for a jog while she was down for a nap, since Ian could stay at the cabin with her and read. Everyone was happy!
We also got the opportunity to try out our new stroller - we found a BOB on Craig's at a consignment store for a pretty good price. It is amazing, I have to say. Ian and I took turns pushing it with just our pinkies.

It was sort of an epic process to get down to the sand - stroller, blanket, Bjorn, shade tent, etc., but we made it. After we'd been there for about 30 minutes, Ian turns to me and says, "About ready to go?" Ahh, gone are the days of the five hour layout sessions.



Ruthie got her bath in the kitchen sink - so cute!
We have already booked a week at summer (cue the envy) and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment