A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Baking Boo

I normally really love baking, but today I almost had a breakdown. I am making the dessert for Easter tomorrow - we're having 41 people at my parents house. I had a good time reading my recipes and finding a good "Eastery" one. I landed on a spice cake with cream cheese frosting, a mix of two recipes.

Anyway, the recipe called for two 9 inch pans, but I really like the way bundt pans look (so fancy!) and I read in the reviews of the cake that one of the ladies had made it in a bundt pan and it turned out great. So I greased and floured my bundt pan.

And...FAILURE!

I almost cried when it came out (or didn't come out). Ian tried to convince me it was okay, that I could piece it together and frost over it, but I couldn't take a lumpy, clumpy cake to Easter dinner! Seeing my dismay, Ian suggested we just go buy a cake. To that I responded that I'd rather take a lumpy, clumpy cake! Ahh, if only I wasn't so proud...

So, start over I did. And this time, I stuck to the recipe.

I triple floured and greased and - success! Yay!! Let's just hope I can get it to Brea in one piece!

I'll be back tomorrow with an Easter post!

No comments:

Post a Comment