A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Easter

This post is a little late, I know, but since a certain Grandmother, who shall go unnamed, recently asked about Easter pictures, I felt I should at least get these up. In doing so, I noticed something very striking - now that we have Ruthie, we pretty much don't have any pictures of anyone else. I guess I always knew that would happen (since Ian and I haven't been in any of the vacation photos, Christmas photos, etc. for years, since we didn't have kids) but I didn't realize how quickly!
Anyway, we went to my parents house for Easter dinner, as I mentioned previously, and had a great time. We planned on 41 of us attending, but pink eye kept two members of Mary's family at home. However, we still had a good crowd with my immediate family, my aunt, Ian's sister and family, a few friends from church, one of Ian's co-workers and some long time family friends from Texas. It was a really nice time.

Also, as anticipated, Ruthie had her first Easter egg hunt. My mom spread out a blanket for the babies, and had a basket ready for each kid. Ruthie and her two littlest cousins, Finnley and Clare, got the blanket to themselves. As the big girl in that crowd, Ruthie didn't have too much competition in getting the eggs. Or it could be that as first time parents, we were much more into it than Mary and Heather, so we placed more eggs in Ruthie's hands. I'll let you decide.


We also grabbed a photo of the three little girls born in the last few months. Here are the three babies and mommies!

And here is one of just me and Ruthie. I still can't really believe I have a daughter.
Here's one of the whole family - I guess we should have realized the shade would cause a few issues, but hey, we're still new at this. I think we did pretty good.
Next Easter, those bigger kids better watch out. Ruth Nellie is looking to be a fierce contender!

No comments:

Post a Comment