A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Friday, April 6, 2012

Reason Number 2,362 I Love Disneyland

If you've been around this blog, then you know that I love Disneyland. I don't know that I would go so far as to say it's the happiest place on earth (I might reserve that title for our home!), but I do love me some Magic Kingdom.

Last Friday was Cesar Chavez Day (you didn't even know there was such a day, did you?). Given that Ian works at a charter school whose charter is social justice, he had it off. (Three cheers for Malcom X Day, coming up in the middle of May!). Anyway, point is, it we went to Disneyland, since we like to go every chance we can get, especially when it is a work day for most other people. Friday also happens to be the day my parents take off, so we invited them to join us. I love going to Disneyland with my parents - for one, it's where we told them Ruthie was coming, so it holds sentimental value. Also, it's great to get some one on one time with them to chat while we wait in the lines. It's fun to see them with Ruthie, too. While Ian holds her in the Bjourn, they just talk to her and admire her. Who doesn't love to have their child admired? And of course, they buy special treats. =) Since we've been down to one income, we have stopped buying special treats at Disneyland. (Side note - this was actually not as hard as I thought it would be. We bring snacks from home and it's almost just as good!). But, it is one of the nice things about going with Mom and Dad.

Anyway, we had a great time with them on Friday. We rode Peter Pan and Mr. Toad's, and then took a lunch break. They treated us to some delicious food in Fantasy Land. Then we hit up Pirates of the Caribbean. Very fun.

After that, Ian and I wanted to go on Haunted Mansion. They decided to pass on that ride, but instead, went to a cafe in New Orleans Square to get coffee and beignets (fried dough with powered sugar). And of course, when we got off the ride and met up with them, my dad rushed off to buy us some coffee and beignets. They were delicious. More to the point of this post, they were shaped like Mickeys. Doesn't that just make your heart happy? I love the little details that Disneyland thinks of.

It's a bit hard to see in this photo, but here they are, in all their yumminess and cuteness:


Yay for special treats, yay for generous parents and yay for Mickey shaped fried dough!

No comments:

Post a Comment