A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Sunday, April 1, 2012

I'm So Not Cool

It's official. I am so not cool. I remember thinking, hoping, that I would be a cool mom who didn't talk too much about her kid or think her kid was so cute, or, God forbid, pull out photos of her kid to show to people who really don't want to see them. But last night revealed the real me.

We went to a dessert at our church, and as we were talking with another couple, the wife mentioned that she was hoping to meet our Ruthie sometime soon. She's a friend and she really did mean it. But do you know what I did? I pulled out my phone and made her and her husband look through ten, yes, ten, photos of Ruthie. Terrible. Shameless. NOT. COOL. But I couldn't stop myself. I could see Ian in the corner of my eye, wondering what I was doing. But I didn't listen to the voice in my head that said "You're being the annoying mom you said you wouldn't be." I just kept on flipping to the next photo.

But when you see the photos I showed them (alright, alright, them and one other person about ten minutes later), maybe you'll forgive me for being so uncool. And since this is my blog and you come here voluntarily, I offer no apologies for posting them all here.











How could I keep these to myself? Alas, I am that girl. I'll try to be more cool from now on out.
Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment