A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Friday, July 15, 2011

Signs That You Might Have Too Many Shoes

There are many signs that indicate one might have too many shoes. For example, all your shoes might not fit in the shoe rack. Another example - all your shoes might not fit in the shoe rack and basket you keep in the closet combined. 3rd sign? You have shoes in the spare room, given the overflow from said rack and basket.

Of course, one could argue that the shoe rack has an usually small number of slots for your shoes and that the basket, which is really only a smallish basket, is crowded because some of the shoes in there are boots, which take up more room than regular shoes. And one might even say that the reason there are shoes in the guest bedroom is because those are the "off season" shoes, or the "B" team shoes, that don't need as frequent access, so really, why clutter up the master bedroom closet with those?

But an undeniable sign that you have too many shoes? I found evidence of this morning when I put my shoes on. They had dust on them. Dust!?! When I pulled the shoes out and looked at them, I wondered how long it had been since I'd worn these shoes. One year? Two years? Three years? Clearly, I have a lot of choices, given that some of my shoes can actually build up dust in between wears.

Of course, you could also consider this frugal. =) I buy a lot of shoes, yes, but I keep them a very long time.

What do they say are the signs of being an addict? Denial? Rationalization? Not that I know anything about that...

2 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, my shoes, which are in my closet, also get dust. I do not have a collection like yours, so in this case I simply blame the fact that we live near three freeways, a port and an airport for the dust that I can never eradicate in my home. Check the tops of Levi's feet right after I swiffer for another case study. However, this is merely a comment about the dust on the shoes, not the number of shoes that may or may not have dust on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing as I'll take any justification I can get, I'm sure that's what is responsible for my dusty shoes as well!

    ReplyDelete