A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Attention, Attention! Riveting Baby Updates Below

It finally happened! I got my first "Are you pregnant?" question! Yay! Actually, they didn't ask me directly but it still made me so glad because that means I'm finally showing! At 20 weeks, I certainly thought I would be more pregnant looking than I am, but everyone tells me I should be thankful that I'm not huge, that it will make it easier in the long run. But when you're feeling fat and also so excited to be pregnant, it's hard to wait for the world to know.

But, judging by the comment in my board meeting this morning, I'm on my way! (Apparently, when I got up to get some juice, one board member elbowed another and said, "Is she pregnant?" Thankfully, the other board member knew that I was (though how she knew, I'm not sure, since I never told her but I guess word is spreading) and confirmed it (and later told me about it).

Other baby updates include:


  • Feeling the baby move! I've been feeling our little cricket move for a few weeks now, a little more each day. It's very exciting. Both Ian and I can't wait until he can feel too.

  • Increase in heartburn - it's like I've substituted vomiting for heartburn. And trust me, I would choose the heartburn, but man, things like this sure take the glam right out of pregnancy.

  • Restored energy - now that I'm several weeks into my 2nd trimesters, I have way more energy and it's wonderful!

  • Countdown has begun! I plan on working up until the week of Thanksgiving, which means I've got about 17 more weeks to go...

  • A good ultrasound - at least, we think it was good. We haven't heard from the doctor and it was last Thursday, so we're taking that as a good sign (and not a sign that she hasn't looked at it, which was what happened last time we had an ultrasound). I guess we'll find out more in our appointment next Friday.

Stay tuned for future details! (I know, I know, you're on the edge of your seat, hardly able to contain your anticipation.)

No comments:

Post a Comment