A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Monday, July 11, 2011

Making Brownies with Sam

I think I've mentioned before that every other Sunday (for the most part), Ian and I watch Mary and Mike's kids, Sam and Abbie. We love it. Well, I love it and Ian loves me, and he loves helping. They both work every other weekend and have about a two hour window where they need coverage. It's a super easy shift and sometimes, I even get to have the kids at my house, which I especially love.

This Sunday, the kids came over right after church, so we could put them down and get them back up again in time for their cousin's (our nephew on Ian's side) birthday party. Rowan turned 1 yesterday and we had a great time at his circus themed party at Heather and Rob's place.

We agreed to bring a dessert to the party so I enlisted Sam to help me make the brownies. This recipe, which our family as used for years, calls for caramels, which I buy individually wrapped. Sam helped me unwrap the caramels, and he helped add the chocolate chips.

He also helped lick the beater.
I think you can see in the photo below that he thought our brownies were very delicious.

And judging from the response at the party, everyone else did too. Though their faces were a little cleaner.

No comments:

Post a Comment