A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Thursday, July 7, 2011

18 Weeks, AKA 4 Months

Today marks 18 weeks. We're almost half way there! Crazy, and exciting. Next week we go in for our big ultrasound and we're really looking forward to it.

I hear you're supposed to chronicle your belly growth (at least, it's what everyone is saying in the "December Birth Club" that I'm a part of. People are crazy. Did you know that? Especially pregnant women. But I digress). And even though I've been told over and over again that I don't look 4 months pregnant, here is a photo of me from today. (Ian came to have lunch with me, so he took a picture of me.)
I am wearing maternity pants and a maternity shirt, because everything else just makes me look fat. Speaking of fat, my face looks huge in this photo! Maybe it is that huge in real life and I never see it from that angle...anyway, what can you do.

Today, our little cricket is supposedly the size of a bell pepper, weighing about 7 oz. In a lot of ways, it feels like this pregnancy is going quickly and in other ways, December feels so far away! I know it will be here before you know it and we really can't wait to bring our bundle o' joy home.

Pray for good news next week on the ultrasound!

No comments:

Post a Comment