A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Monday, February 28, 2011

Ian Is Out of Town

All I can say is thank goodness neither of our jobs require regular traveling. Ian has been gone since yesterday morning and I'm already missing him! The last two times we've been a part since being married, I'm the one who has left. And let me tell you - it is much different to be the one going then the one left behind. I was SO SAD crawling into our bed alone last night. And I have two more nights to go!

For those that are wondering why a high school teacher would be traveling for work, he is part of a team that is assessing another high school. It's this thing called WASC and unless your high school is WASC accredited, the students can't get accepted into a Cal State or UC school. His school is up for renewal next year and so he's learning more about the process by being an assessor himself. So it's good for his career, good for his school, a nice change of pace for him, and all that good stuff. But it makes for a very sad Esther.

It's not that I can't enjoy myself or enjoy the time alone. In fact, I had a great time yesterday. I went to Sarah and Eric's for lunch and stayed several hours, enjoyed the relaxed and encouraging conversation with them. When I got home, I called a long distance friend and went for a walk. Then I watched the entire Academy Awards, snacked for dinner instead of cooking and worked on my engagement scrapbook (yes, I am very far behind on that project). It was lovely. But by the end of the night, I was ready for Ian to come home.

I've already planned a date night for us on Thursday, when he's back (he gets back on Wednesday night, but I'll be at Life Group - and if he gets home early enough, he'll join me) and I'm looking forward to it.

In the past, I have to admit that my cold, unattached heart was very "out of sight, out of mind." But with Ian, absence does indeed make the heart grow fonder. If you're reading this in your hotel room, I love you Ian! Mwah!!

2 comments:

  1. I did read it, and I'm sad too. But you're right, at least this isn't a regular part of either of our jobs. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first comment on my blog love! Very impressive. I love you!

    ReplyDelete