A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Friday, February 4, 2011

Clothing Exchange

Last night, I hosted a clothing exchange at my house. If you haven't done one of these with your friends, you really should. Not only are they a fun time to hang out with ladies, but it's like shopping for free!

Our group has done quite a few of these and we always have a great time. We do much more than clothes - we exchange purses, shoes, scarves, jewelry, home goods, and we're expanding to books, movies, and who knows what else!

Anyway, I had a really fun time getting our house ready for the evening and organizing everything. Here is the food & drink table:

This time, I put little signs up, so as the ladies arrived, they knew were to unload each of their items. It worked out pretty well!



These photos are from before anyone arrived, so it's just my items out there. Once everyone showed, we had lots and lots of stuff!
There's another bonus to the exchange - when we're all done looking over all the items, we donate the leftover stuff that no one claims. This time, Heather's work was having a fundraiser so she took all the clothes.
I am happy to announce that I am proudly wearing TWO, that's right two, items from last night's exchange. Some jeans from the Gap (I actually don't know who brought these, but I'm thinking Chanda?) and a vest that my friend Laura brought. Super fun and super cute! (I would include a picture, but I have no one to take it. And that's also a little weird.)
So there you have it. I love me a clothing exchange!

No comments:

Post a Comment