A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thursday Mornings

On Thursday mornings, I have nothing planned before work. You might be asking, "What could you have planned before work?" Well, on M/W/F I jog - that means I drag myself out of bed and rush right into my work out clothes, since I've probably waited until the last minute possible to get up. Then I jog (if you can call my very slow steps jogging), rush into the shower, rush getting ready and rush off to work (probably at least 5 minutes late). On Tuesdays, I usually pray with my friend (and sister-in-law) Heather.



So, that leaves just Thursdays where I don't have anything planned. And how I love Thursdays. I like to still get up at the same time, giving me a full hour at home before I need to do any type of getting ready activity. I read my Bible, journal, tidy up the house, drink coffee, sit and stare at the backyard - pretty much whatever I want. This morning, in addition to all those things, I made vegetable stew. We have a vegan friend coming over for dinner tonight, so I chopped onions, eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms and so on, all at around 7:05 this morning. It was lovely.

If I love Thursdays so much, you might ask why I don't do that every morning? Because I’m structured. I like routine. Some might even say I'm anal. Plus, I need to work out. It's good for my soul. And I really enjoy praying with Heather. Haven't you notice too how you value something more for its scarcity? It's better and you enjoy it more because it's less frequent?

So here's to Thursday mornings (or your equivalent), where the house is quite, the coffee is hot, the couch is comfy and the solitude is bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment