A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Sisters

I love my sisters. I have always loved them, but this week I felt particularly sentimental toward them. They take such good care of me. Case in point - while Ian has been out of town, I have eaten a meal at both their houses, they have both offered to come over if I get lonely and they both called me every day, sometimes more than once to make sure I was okay. Isn't that amazing? I wish everyone had sisters like that. Or at least people like that in their lives. I have many wonderful friends who also take great care of me, and of course Ian, who takes the most careful and precious care of me possible, but there is just something about sisters. A while back I read an article in Newsweek that said the people that actually have the most influence over your life will be your siblings - they are with you from the beginning, unlike your spouse, and they will see you through your whole life, unlike your parents. Well, I hope that's the case, because I would love to be just like my sisters!



1 comment: