A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Monday, May 7, 2012

See This?

Our dishwasher is broken. Boo. When I went to unload the dishes on Friday, I found a pool of water in the bottom of the machine. Huge bummer. Of course, when we lived in our little apartment on 2nd Street, we didn't have a dishwasher and didn't really think anything of it (especially me, since Ian is the resident dishwasher in our house.)

And just now, after dinner, he says, "I thought having a dishwasher wasn't actually saving me that much time. But let's go this week and see if we can get a new one." Happy to oblige, my dish-washing husband. Of course, my natural thought is to look on Craigslist, but Ian says he thinks we should get a new one. We did have a repair man come look at it and after $45 and about 10 minutes, he said he thinks it is the pump, which is what the plumber told me (which only cost me $5 because my plumber is the awesomest and he only charged me for his gas). But to replace the pump, it would be around $200 for parts plus at least another $100 for labor, and new dishwashers are only about $400 (at lease the kind we would get).

I did ask the repair man, since he obviously looks at lots of machines, which is the best. And he said, much to my surprise, that they are all basically the same. He said to get anything but a really nice one, since no matter how much you pay, they all pretty much break down in 5-7 years anyway. Huh. Who knew?

So, it's off to Home Depot for me sometime this week. I'm sure my husband would prefer tomorrow over sometime later in this week, so here's hoping I can make it happen.

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to have a repair man say what all of ushave suspected for quite some time: Expensive machines break as often as inexpensive ones.

    ReplyDelete