A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Date at the Melting Pot

Several weeks ago, Ian and I took Ruthie to Brea so my parents could watch her while we had a date night. It was a date day, actually. =) In the early afternoon, we went to see Hunger Games at the movie theaters on Birch Street. We went back to their house where I nursed Ruthie and then we headed out again to find a restaurant. We were originally thinking of something low key (and cheap) but then we stumbled upon the Melting Pot and were hooked. We had a little bit of my Christmas bonus left (which I think we blew through on the first course) but boy did we have a good time. If you haven't been to the Melting Pot, you should for sure check it out!

For the first course, we had cheddar cheese with beer and chives melted in, with fresh veggies, fruit and bread. Yum!
Then we had salads, which I didn't take a picture of. But you all know what salads look like. =)

Our main dish was beef, pork, chicken, mushroom dumplings and shrimp. They serve it to you raw with a boiling mixture of broth and wine in your melting pot and you skewer each piece one by one. It's so much fun. One of our favorite things is slow dinners and this is the epitome of a slow dinner - you have to wait for each bite to cook! But so delicious.
Naturally, for our fourth course, we had chocolate fondue. Sadly, I was so excited about the marshmallows, strawberries, vanilla wafers and other goodies that I didn't take a picture of it. But trust me, it was super good.

I tell you, there is not much better than free babysitting and a great time out with my husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment