A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Food Post (Shocking, I Know)

As I was titling this post, I realized how very many of my posts are about food. But what can I say? I like cooking and I like eating!

I recently bought a ton of pecans for the cake I made for Ian's grandparents anniversary and you know how I like to use up things before they go to waste. So, I began searching for recipes with pecans. Naturally, I added pecans to my weekly batch of granola, but I after two weeks of that I still had lots left.

Then I remembered a Cooking Light recipe I had cut out a few months ago called Pecan Crusted Trout. As is my usual way, I subbed the trout for tilapia, because that's what I had. But it still turned out great! I also tried my hand at creamed spinach with mushrooms and shallots - also very delicious. Here's a photo of the final product (that's my standard cous-cous with parsley, cranberries, lemon juice and almonds). Very yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment