A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Thursday, May 17, 2012

An Awesome Hannah Story

I've written stories about my niece, Hannah, before. She is awesome. She does and says the funniest things. This past Mother's Day, she gave me fodder for a post that I couldn't resist. (I have more to say and share about Mother's Day, but I wanted to get this post up before I forgot.)

Each year, my mom throws an AMAZING tea on Mother's Day and invites all the ladies of the family. So of course, Ruthie and I went. The theme this year was Alice in Wonderland. At each of our place settings was one of these Izzie drinks, with a note that said "Drink Me." (Isn't my mom so cute?)
Hannah, who never really gets to drink soda, was THOROUGHLY enjoying her orange cream soda. So much so, that once while she was distracted, Sarah moved the soda away from her place and out of reach. When Hannah turned back around and noticed it was missing, she announced loudly to the table, "Hey, where is my beer?"

Apparently, Eric's two or three beers a week has made a real impression on Hannah - or at least the shape of the glass bottle has. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the deep, deep shame. *sigh*
    Actually, when we went up to Brea this past weekend, Mom's welcome note read: "Beer" in fridge for Caleb and Noah. It's a family affair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! She told me she's going to put it in her scrapbook, so it is now going down in history!

    ReplyDelete