A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cinco de Mayo: Our First Guacamole

Yay! Our avacado tree is finally producing! We've had two avocados so far, that we've eaten in salads and on toast. We've also given two away. And then today, in honor of Cinco de Mayo, I made guacamole with an avocado that fell to the ground a few days ago and we ate it with our super nachos.

I am pleased to report that our avocados are green and lush and buttery. Let me know if you want any! Today, we lay on the grass in our backyard and spotted probably 100 more avocados. Ian got out the super long plucker device and cut down six of the biggest (most of the ones we counted were small). I'm conducting a trial now, to see what ripens them faster/better - I put three in a brown paper bag and left three on the counter. Stay tuned for the riveting details!

No comments:

Post a Comment