A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

New Girl Cousins - Yes, Plural!

I mentioned in a previous post that Ian's sister, Heather, just had a baby girl. Finnley Meredith Matthias joined our family on March 7th and we're so excited!

Here is Ruthie and Finnley - as you can see, Ruthie is already showing Finnley the ropes about how to lift up one's arms. Finnley is catching on!

And in other very exciting news, my sister Mary just had her baby, and it's a girl too!!! I'm so excited. I was trying to play it cool, since we didn't know what she was having, but I really wanted it to be a girl so Ruthie and she could be friends. And I know Mary wanted it to be a girl, too. How great that our wish came true! Clare Sunukjian Matthias was born this morning at 9:15, and I can't wait to meet her. I am anxiously awaiting a phone call from Mary telling me I can come.

I can just see the three of them now, Ruthie, Finnley and Clare, playing, growing up together and being good friends. And I can see Ruthie pulling rank, bossing everyone around just because she's a few weeks older. =)

I'll be back later with a photo of Clare, as soon as I get my hands on her!

In the meantime, I leave you with a Ruthie photo.:

No comments:

Post a Comment