A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Monday, March 26, 2012

House Wife Workout

I did not go to the gym today (that would probably be because I don't actually have a gym membership). But I am still wanting to work on the pregnancy weight, so I'm trying to work out more. Today, though, as I did my regular routine, I found myself thinking of the workout I was getting just by doing my chores.

I give you A House Wife Workout:

Cardio:
  • Walked to the store, pushing Ruthie in stroller
  • Played tetras with our groceries to make them fit into the bottom of the stroller
  • Walked home
  • Total: 1 hour and a half

Quads:

  • Put away the groceries with a 14 lb baby strapped to my front, bending deeply from the legs to put away apples, yogurts, broccoli, etc
  • Total: I would say I did about 25 squats

Arms:

  • Squeezed the juice out of 15 oranges using my hand held (non electric) juicer
  • Folded three loads of laundry
  • Scoured the kitchen sink with comet
  • Shook the kitchen and bathroom rugs
  • Swiffered the kitchen and bathroom floor
  • Cleaned the bathroom
  • Total: I would say I did the equivalent of 4 reps of 15 with a 7 lb weight

Back:

  • Carried a 14 lb baby in the Bjorn while I make a batch of granola and changed out the laundry
  • Total: Not sure how to measure this, but if I keep this up, I'll have the sleekest lower back in town!

Not too bad! If only I didn't want to eat so many cookies, this might actually make a difference! =)

2 comments:

  1. Let me know if you ever want to go walking at Heartwell Park on my lunch hour or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! I would love it. Let's plan it for our April lunch. =)

    ReplyDelete