A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Monday, March 26, 2012

I Feel So Grown Up

I just called for my first baby sitter. Baby sitters, really. Things are busy the next few weekends. This Saturday night we are going to a dessert at our church, so I called a girl that Mary has used before to see if she could babysit. Then I called another girl for the following Friday, since Ian and I got invited to a fundraiser for a group called Treasures, which helps women coming out of the sex industry. Our friends Roe and Jim are hosting a table and invited us to join them. So, Ruthie will be staying with her first babysitter.

It truly doesn't seem like that long ago that I was a babysitter. How crazy now that a girl will be coming over to my house and I'll be leaving her instructions on how to take care of my daughter.

It's amazing how something so ordinary can make you feel so old.

No comments:

Post a Comment