A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Sound of Music Sing-a-Long

Yep, it's as awesome as it sounds. =) This past weekend, Mary and I went with a few of my former co-workers to the Hollywood Bowl to see the Sound of Music Sing-a-Long. It was so fun. People were very into it, with costumes and props for individual scenes. For example, when the Captain first meets Maria and introduces her to the kids, he has a whistle. Thousands of whistles made an appearance as soon as he started teaching her all the kids' signals. Very funny. And the Baroness got booed and hissed every time she came on screen - poor lady.

But taking the cake was Maria and the Captain's first kiss. Nearly everyone in the amphitheatre had poppers/streamers waiting for just that moment and it was so fun seeing and hearing them going off all throughout the venue. Truly like fireworks. Next year, we will be more prepared! These people had obviously been there before.

Anyway, here is a HORRIBLE photos of the Hollywood Bowl. I had never been there before - it's an amazing venue and the acoustics are incredible. I would like to go back and see something live there. (If only it weren't for the stacked parking - but, thanks to lots of good luck and a general willingness to drive through bushes, over grass and off the curb, Mary and I were able to get out without waiting for all the other cars around us). That's another story, though.
And here we are at Mary's house just before leaving. Our group went in costume and Mary and I didn't want to be party poopers, so we did our best. She is one of the kids in their traveling outfit just before they make a break for it. And me? Ten points for whoever can guess. (No guessing if I told you.)

It was such a fun night! I heart that movie. And my husband hearted not having to go. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment