A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Life is Mysterious

This morning after I got up and checked my phone, I saw a text from a dear friend from 4:15AM, saying her baby was on its way and they were headed to the hospital. How exciting! I immediately set to praying for them, for a safe delivery, for a healthy baby, and I also praised God for this good gift he had brought into their lives and the baby they would meet today (barring a very long labor).

Then when I got to work, checked my email and saw one from another dear friend, newly pregnant, who started spotting last night and has cramps this morning. Of course, I am praying that the spotting will pass and the baby will stay put, but I can't help but marvel at the mystery of life. And I can't help but wonder what God's master plan is in all this.

But, for both friends, I trust and hope and pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment