A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Friday, September 16, 2011

28 Weeks and Homemade Pudding

I'm 28 weeks, aka a little over 6 months, aka in my third trimester. All of a sudden it seems like Dec. 8th (or around there) is not that far away! I can't believe I'm in my final trimester. And I only have a little more than two months to go at work. Crazy!

We are getting very excited. In a few weeks, we're going to move furniture around (we just got a crib and changing table off Craig's list, thanks to my parents generosity!) and then after that we are going to register. I think both of these things will make it feel more real. But at least I'm good and showing now! Most people can tell I'm pregnant, so that's nice. =)

On a totally unrelated note (and not meriting its own post), I made homemade pudding last night. I got the recipe from the blog Frugal Girl, which I've mentioned here before. Her recipes are always so yummy. I had some buttermilk that I needed to use up, so I substituted one of the cups of milk with buttermilk and for the other cup used my rice milk, which I cook with all the time.


After letting it set for two hours, I was very excited about tasting it. Isn't it pretty? And how did it taste?


It was .... disgusting! Uneatable! Ian and I both threw the whole dish out. Terrible! Lesson learned - buttermilk is NOT good in pudding. I would like to try this recipe again, but next time, I'll follow it a bit more closely.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, wow. Yeah, that seems like a true statement. The rice milk probably didn't help either, like it wouldn't in making either homemade yogurt or buttermilk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good looking pregnant lady! And in your defense, Love, you've had very few failures in your cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SO cute! Can't wait to see you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete