A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sweet Victory!

Do you hear that sound? That is the sound of victory, sweet victory. When I came home from work last night, this is the site that greeted me:
Ian, hairless and beardless (well, buzzed hair and trimmed beard). If you follow this blog, you know his beard was a fierce competition between us about who would crack first. Turns out, I won! He wanted it off before I felt like it was too long.

He says that when he was buzzing his head, he "accidentally" clipped part of his beard so he had to trim it all. But he admits it feels so good and he's happy to have it cleaned up.

My prize, you ask? I have decided that for my reward, Ian will watch all of Season 8 So You Think You Can Dance, which is pretty much the best show ever. Since this is quite a lot to ask, I'm only making him watch Wednesday nights, not the Thursday results show.

Truth is, he has been watching it with me so far (only because he loves me, not really because he would choose it) but I could tell last night his attention was waning, and we still have a long way to go. So by claiming this as my prize, I can assure his presence (if not his attention) for the weeks (months) to come. Yay for being the victor!

2 comments:

  1. I would like to state for the record that my end of competition was much harder to keep than Esther's end. All she had to do was look at me, while I had to wear a forest on my face in warming months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I would like to say that the competition was your idea. =)

    ReplyDelete