A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Friday, June 24, 2011

Brian Regan

For Ian's first Father's Day (which he claims he doesn't deserve but for all the vomit he's cleaned up*, I felt like I couldn't do enough!), I gave him two DVDs of comedians he loves - Jim Gafigan and Brian Regan. The real surprise though was two tickets to see Brian Regan live in our arena in Long Beach. I've seen Brian Regan once before and LOVED it but that was before Ian and I were together. So, he's never seen him and always wanted to.

I figured the tie to Father's Day was not only will those kinds of things be harder for us to go to because we will need to line up babysitting, but we won't really be able to afford expensive shows in the future. So better live it up on this Father's Day.
Tomorrow night is the show and we're so excited!

If you haven't seen any of Brian Regan, you should definitely check him out. He's totally clean but not at all lame and cheesy.

Here is a YouTube link to one of my favorite sketches, on tyring to get UPS to pick up your boxes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89frRi8GgGA

This is a very funny one on the difference between men and women: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONBNYTNDz-Q&feature=related

Just one more for kicks - a sketch on the emergency room: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9m2FLHlEwA

If you're desperate for more, his Stupid In School once is really funny too. Clearly, we like this guy.

Enjoy! And Happy Belated Father's to all the rest of you wonderful fathers out there!

*Why is Ian cleaning up vomit, you may be wondering? Because I've had A LOT of nausea with this pregnancy and sometimes it comes on me quickly before I can quite make it to the toilet (don't worry, most of the time I made it to a trash can or sink). And then, I'm so grossed out by what's already happened, I can't look at the vomit or it just keeps coming. So, Ian has been SUPER TROUPER and cleaned it up many, many times. Thankfully, we seem to be on the up swing with that and I haven't thrown up in almost two weeks! We're both thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment