A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Flurry of Posts

Apparently, I am making up for lost time over here. =) Since there has been such a blogging drought, I've decided to post until you just can't take it anymore.

Actually, I just wanted to share a recent photo of Ian's beard. Even this photo doesn't do it justice. It's so long and bushy and curly.
He and I are in a battle over the beard, with a bet riding on the outcome. But it's not what you think. I like his beard long and he likes it trim. He's always amazed when I say it looks good after he's let it grow. So, we're in a competition to see who will crack first: Will the beard get so long that I finally yell "Trim it!" OR will he be so fed up with its bushiness that he runs straight to the bathroom for his trimmer? We shall see.

So far, I'm hanging in there just fine. I think his beard is such a handsome color and texture. He on the other hand complains about being hot, about having to wash his whole face after each meal and about how many comments his students make. He told me recently that one student said to him, "Do you think something could be growing in your beard Mr. McCurry?" So I think I'm on track to win this bet.

But I'll keep you posted (pun totally intended).

2 comments:

  1. You're on a role! But you may need to add a picture of my beard (just the beard, no face) as an additional member of our family since its getting so much attention on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Ian. Poor, poor Ian. Just out of curiousity, what's the bet? The blogging world is dying to know...

    ReplyDelete