A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Monday, January 27, 2014

A Productive Nap Time

There are lots of reasons I'm glad Jonah's better. Naturally, the most important is that I love him and want him to be well. But another bonus is that now he's sleeping again, which means that during afternoon nap, I was a blaze of productivity. And if you know me, you know how I love to be productive! 

I especially love being in my kitchen. Today, I made banana bread; some for my sister's family, who has been hit with the sickies (poor Hannah has double pneumonia!) and partly for my Journey Group from church, which meets at my house every other Tuesday. 
I also made a lasagna, for same sick family. It will be their dinner tomorrow, along with a few other delicious foods.
Tonight is my weekly Sister Night with my sisters and while we chat this evening, we're going to make Ketah. It's a peanut butter breakfast pastry full of deliciousness (it's Armenian, in case that's not clear) and since sister night is at my place tonight, I said I'd make the dough in preparation. It has two risings, so it does take a little forethought.
And finally, I made some refreshingly yummy lemon cookies, the dough for which is now chilling in my freezer. Some will go to Sarah's family to round out their meal tomorrow night and the rest will go as balls into my freezer, to be pulled out when I need a dessert in a moment's notice. (It's amazing how often that happens. Thank goodness I always have cookie dough in my freezer!)
Jonah's stirring now, so I'm off to get him up to nurse. But hooray for nap times in which both kids sleep!!

No comments:

Post a Comment