A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Friday, January 24, 2014

We Have Turned the Corner!

Two weeks and one day from when Jonah first got sick, I feel that we have finally turned the corner! Praise God!!

He slept last night from 7:30pm until 5:30am, something that hasn't happened since he got sick, and even at 5 I was able to nurse him back to sleep. And then this morning he napped from 10am until 1; when I went into his room, he was sitting up in his bed, happy, bouncing and smiling up at me. I am so glad to have my Jonah man back!

I can tell he's back because after his nap and a good nursing, he played in his room with nothing but one of those nose suction things while I folded the clothes in the other room. He hasn't played by himself in weeks, never letting me out of his sight and almost always wanting to be held. Welcome back, buddy!


Ian and I both have a new compassion for parents with a fussy baby. Yikes! We knew (or at least hoped) ours was temporary, but even still it's been a tough few weeks. You rotate between feeling sorry for the baby and sorry for yourself. I am sad to admit there were times in the past two weeks when I just wanted to yell at Jonah, "Get a grip!" Thankfully, I didn't actually do it, but trust me, we are renewed in our motivation to space out the next baby a little more. =) 

Still, so thankful he is well and so thankful we've turned the corner. Fingers crossed he still takes an afternoon nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment