A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Salad Trio

I recently had my mother over for lunch. I love having my mother over. She always says such nice things about my house, my baby, my cooking...it's great. Anyway, I really wanted to showcase our garden, since we've been having so much fun with it. Plus, when I was out to lunch recently at Macaroni Grill with some friends I used to work with, I saw the table next to use order a Salad Trio and thought it was such a good idea. Here is how mine came out:


It is chicken curry salad (which has no connection to our garden, but was still yummy),  a tomato, basil, mozzarella salad I made up with tomatoes and basil from our garden, and a delicious zucchini and squash (grown with our very own hands) salad with a vinaigrette dressing I got off Frugal Girl. Such a lovely lunch, cool and delicious on a hot summer day.

Come again soon, Mom!

1 comment:

  1. I finally am getting caught up on your blog posts from September. I must say that your salad trio looks ten times better than stupid Macaroni Grill's!

    ReplyDelete