A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Final Look at Summer

As you know, Ian is back at work and Ruthie and I are re-adjusting to our daily routines with just the two of us. She still frequently looks at the door in the morning, expecting Daddy to come in, so it's clear she loved summertime and having him home. Obviously, so did I.

In pictures, here is a little bit more of what we did with our summer:

We spent five days in the family cabin at Huntington - my heart is always happy there, and even more so now that Ruthie and Ian go with me.
Despite how this picture looks, the weather was actually absolutely perfect! All three of us spent time in the water and enjoyed the warm weather. It was a wonderful week.
We also went to the LA Zoo. It was really fun - very hot that day, but fun. I loved how different the LA Zoo felt than the San Diego zoo; much more urban and low key. Both have their advantages!


Naturally, we spent lots of time out of doors in our very own Long Beach. Here we are on a walk down by the water. Hello, cruise ship and Queen Mary!
We also spent a day at the Long Beach Aquarium, but somehow I don't have a photo of it.

It was a wonderful summer - I love being married to a teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment