A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I Love Nice Neighbors

I was deep in the throws of replenishing my bread stock when I realized I was out of butter. Well, I actually knew I was out of butter but I forgot that I needed 3 tablespoons in my dough- I thought I just needed it to brush the top of the loaves after they were baked, which after waiting several hours for them to rise, I would have been to the store and back.

Anyway, all that to say that I found myself out of butter and my bread was rising, rising, rising and I had just put Ruthie down for a nap.

So, I grabbed the monitor and headed out the door to the next door neighbor's. We are pretty good fronds with them and I have actually borrowed ingredients from them before (as have they).

Thankfully, my neighbor was home and she gave me a huge chunk of butter. I tried to tell her I only needed three tablespoons, but you know how friendly people are - they always give you more than you need.

Which really turned in my favor, since I was also making an apple pie that day (Ian's grandparents were coming over for dinner that night - I don't usually make such a fancy dessert for just the two of us). So I had enough butter for my bread and my pie crust! Hooray for nice neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment