A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Life with Ruthie

Time for another Life with Ruthie post. Not to get all crazy on you, but just yesterday when I picked Ruthie up after her afternoon nap and sat down in our chair to nurse, I was moved to tears at how amazing she is and what a gift from the Lord she is and how I am just so thankful that He answered our prayers!

Anyway, I'll let the photos do the talking. Here she is, playing with her cousins (don't mind Abbie - Mary is potty training, hence the no pants). She gets lots o' love from these cousins. And lots of bossing. But what goes around comes around - just wait, little Clare!
Ruthie now has her own drawer in the kitchen. Before we had kids, I used to think that I wouldn't be like those "other" parents, who totally inconveniced themselves just to give their kids what they wanted. But now, I completely get it. I want to say yes to Ruthie; I want to give her things that make her happy.

And this drawer? It makes her very, very happy. So it is truly no inconvenience at all to have it propped open (see the red potholder in the corner?) and have to walk around it, nor is it inconvenient that I can no longer use that drawer myself but had to rearrange the drawer above it to make it all fit. I just take one look at her happy face as she is digging around in there and joy fills my heart.
Ruthie and Ian love bath time. Don't they look so great together?
Ah, the joys of the DVD drawer. This is the first time she ever discovered it, and man, oh, man, did she think she had died and gone to heaven. But look at that face? How could we tell her no? I know, I know, we're in for it.
I leave you with one more photo. See why I praise God for her every day?

No comments:

Post a Comment