A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My Nephew was the Lead in his Kindergarden Play

Sarah's 2nd son, Noah, was "Old King Cole" in the nursery rhyme "Old King Cole." Needless to say, he was the lead. I got to watch him perform last night and my little auntie heart was bursting with pride. There are 150 kindergartners at his school - I have no idea how they picked the leads (Noah's not a ham or very theatrical...) but he read his lines just perfectly and did a great job keep his composure. He was SOOOO CUTE (to his face, I said he did a fantastic job, since no 6 year old wants to be cute).

All the other kids in the play lined up before the play started, as you can see here:

Then Noah made a grand entrance, with the other storytellers, which you can see here (he is in the cape and crown, in case you don't know a king when you see one):


He was so serious and focused as he read his lines. It's really a very cute poem, if you're not familiar with it. He throws a party and invites many of the other stories.


And the fiddlers play in between each story - aren't they so cute?!

One of the people the king invites to the party is Humpty-Dumpty. I don't know whose kid this is, but he was darling!


At the end of the play, all the actors got an induction. For the soldiers, about 25 kids would stand and we would clap. But Noah got his own introduction and you can believe his mother and I went crazy when they let us cheer for him. Here he is, just sitting back down.


I had such a great time and it really made me look forward to the day when our kids are dressed in awesome duck costumes, singing on a stage with other kids. Thanks, Noah, for inviting me to your play!

No comments:

Post a Comment