A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day Tea

As has become our annual tradition, we had a Mother's Day Tea at my parents' house in Brea. You would think, being that it's Mother's Day, that my sisters and I send out the invitations, do all the cooking, decorating and serving, but you'd be wrong. My mom does it all and we get to enjoy the fruits of all her labors. Isn't that awesome? We just show up and enjoy a FEAST and get waited on by various men in the family. This year, Sarah's men did the serving. Even Levi, the baby, "helped" Eric from the backpack on his back. Noah and Caleb were such gentleman and did a wonderful job. Ian was, I'll admit, very happy to be relieved of previous duties.

Each year, my mom picks a theme and does an amazing job working it throughout the tea. This year, the theme was Anne of Green Gables. Having just reread the series (for who knows how many times) a few months ago, and having just received the first movie from Ian for Christmas, I was well prepared.

Here is Sheila and Sophie, dressed in their best Anne fashion. Don't they look cute?
As part of the tea, we also had a time for elocutions. If you know the story, you know Anne is VERY dramatic and does lots of public recitations. Here's Sarah reenacting the Lady of Shallot while I read from the poem.

Here's my mom delivering her elocution, which was a passage from Romans. Very nice Nellie!

Mary and Abbie were there, of course, looking so cute. Mary's mother-in-law Linda made Abbie's outfit for Christmas but it worked perfect for the tea as well! (Not pictured is a bonnet that was to die for.)

Here's Gina with her two darlings. I can't wait to have a daughter of my own some day to bring to the tea. Some day!

And here is me and Mom. We're posing for Elena, who got a new camera for her birthday. You can't really tell, but I have my hair braided in two braids and then pinned up. I'm also wearing an apron my Grandma Sunukjian made, as a sort of pinafore. I looked cute. At least, that's what Ian said. =) I was so honored to be sitting by the hostess!


Happy Mother's Day, Mom! I love you and your teas. Thank you for having us over and for all your hard work.


And Happy Mother's Day to all the other mom's out there. You are great!

No comments:

Post a Comment