A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Monday, May 23, 2011

Public Library

Do you know what we have at home? Four finished library books, stacked by our front door, waiting for the library to open tomorrow so we can return the books (and check out some new ones). Ian and I love the library. He just finished reading the Hunger Games series, which I had checked out previously. I just renewed the books on my account and he read those copies as I finished them. Then I started reading the other series by the same author, Suzanne Collins, and since this series is for middle readers, it's a pretty easy read. That one is called the Underland Series. Since I read the first one so quickly and had to wait two whole days (gasp) until I could get the next one, I checked out books two and three together this time. Now I'm finished with both of those and ready for books four and five, to complete the series.

Ian and I have both really been enjoying this new author, which was recommended to me by my friend Melanie. Ian has posted a few times about the Hunger Games in his blog, if you want to read that here. He is brilliant in his assessment, as always. =)

Isn't it great that we don't have to buy these books, which saves us money and is better for the environment, but instead we can get them for FREE from the library that is just around the corner from my office? Oh, how I love the library.

Do you love your local library?

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant huh? Wow, thank you, Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. Do I ever love the library. Any library. All libraries. Even the ones that won't let me check out books. (Talking to you, Cerritos!)

    ReplyDelete