A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Friday, February 10, 2012

A Bill Cosby Moment

The other day I was watching Mary's kids, Sam and Abbie. Abbie was down for a nap most of the time, but Sam and I got to have some fun together. After his rest time, he had a treat, which consisted of part of a candy cane (yes, we are still working our way through our Christmas candy canes). We were going to make granola next, so I took Sam to our guest bathroom to wash his sticky hands. That bathroom is in the guest bedroom, where Sam had his rest time. While in that room, I noticed his underpants on the floor.

The rest is a true story, told to the best of my recollection:

"Sam, did you take your underwear off during nap time?"

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Really? That looks like your underwear on the floor there. Did you take them off?"

"No."

"How did your underwear get on the floor?"

"I don't know."

"Are those your underwear?"

"Yes."

"Did you take them off?"

"I don't know."

"Why did you take them off?"

"Because they were bothering me."

During the whole conversation, I couldn't help but feel like I was in the middle of a Bill Cosby sketch. It was freakin' hysterical.

And for those that may be wondering if I made him put the underwear back on, I most certainly did not. I'm his aunt, not his mother, and while mommies make you put your underpants back on, aunts let your rock it commando style.

No comments:

Post a Comment