A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Friday, August 26, 2011

Scrabble

In the evenings, Ian and I often play Scrabble. Sometimes we play it at our dining room table, sometimes on our bed, but most often these days, on our back patio. We love our back patio. In the heat we've had the last few days especially, it is a welcome place to eat dinner, play a game of Scrabble and chat until bed time. Everyone tells us to soak up as much time together just the two of us before our cricket comes and we're trying to do just that.

So here is Ian, using the Scrabble dictionary, to make his next move.




I know some people are sticklers about using the dictionary to find a word, but we're not. Neither of us abuse it, and we're trying to get better. So when it's just the two of us, dictionary use is allowed.

Whenever we play Scrabble, we always have a good time. We're both word people, neither of us is too competitive (though this may only seem true to me because I usually win) and it's a slow, relaxed game that allows for plenty of interaction while we're playing.

If you're not really a game person, I just have to say, you're missing out. It's so much fun.

And if you are a game person, you wondering about the final score and final board. I actually can't remember the final score, though I do know I won, but I will post the final board knowing that some of you will judge our words. But so be it.


1 comment:

  1. Props to "gazebo" and all the side-by-side words! Impressive.

    ReplyDelete