A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Friday, August 5, 2011

22 Weeks and Leftovers

Yesterday marked 22 weeks - almost 5 months! Very exciting.

I am finally starting to look pregnant. Not so much that people are really asking, but enough so that I feel like I don't just look like I'm getting a beer belly.

Here I am in a non-maternity dress that I bought recently for a friend's wedding. I'm amazed at how much bigger I am than even the first time I wore it three weeks ago.

Side note about the dress - I was having a "nothing looks good, nothing fits, I'm not cute" moment a day before the wedding and my husband wisely suggested we buy something I would feel attractive in. So while we were down in Huntington Beach a few weeks ago (see previous post), we went to the Forever 21 there and looked around. And Ian actually picked out this dress himself. Aren't you impressed? What a guy. Though when I casually suggested we could also stop by the Gap on Beach Blvd. on our way home, I could tell right away from his face that the one store we were in meant we had already done PLENTY of shopping. So stop we did not. But I did wear the dress to the wedding and felt cute enough. Sometimes, cute enough is the best you can do. =)

Anyway, here is me and the cricket at 22 weeks.
And now onto something totally unrelated. Since we're on the vacation count down (again, see previous post), we are using up food in the house that would otherwise go bad.

See exhibit A.

The plate up top is a peach and a tomato, both of which were really ripe and ready to be eaten. On our dinner plates are two different frozen Chinese food dishes from Trader Joe's (nothing goes together like tomatoes, peaches and Chinese food, right?)


The broccoli and beef dish we had eaten half of several weeks ago and then put the rest back in the freezer. Same story with the noodle dish. Except that I had a few asparagus stalks left over from a different dinner, so I threw those in the pre-made noodle dish. How did it turn out? Well, let's just say that the stir fry was heavily asparagus. =) But we both ate it all and got to use up two things in our freezer and saved three pieces of produce from going to the compost pile.


Compost pile, you ask? Well, I'll save that for another post. How is that for a teaser?!

No comments:

Post a Comment