A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Monday, April 11, 2011

Making Lunches

For some reason, I've been blog "uninspired." Things are going just fine, I just feel quiet, in my soul. You know? But because I really do like blogging, I thought I would do a post anyway, uninspired as it is. So, I bring you: Making Lunches. This is what I do Sunday night. I chop Ian's veggies for the week, and usually three days worth for me too, and then I assemble Monday's lunch. Here's what it looks like when I'm doing it. Packing our lunches is not only healthy, it's cheap. Ian doesn't have a long enough lunch (or a nice enough surrounding area) to eat out, so his choices are to pack or to eat the school lunch. The school lunch is fine (surprisingly healthy) but it does mean hanging around where the kids are. So he chooses to take a packed lunch (and miraculously, doesn't care at all about what goes in it, so I pack it 100% of the time). I pack a lunch for myself because in spite of the MANY delicious options, I would gain way too much weight and spend way too much money eating out. So here we are, happy lunch packers. Isn't my lunch bag cute? (Ian takes his in a plastic bag because he can shove it more easily into the backpack he wears to work, since he walks to the metro station). There. You're all caught up on mundane activities of our life. =)

1 comment: