A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Valentine Take Out and Make Out

It's become our tradition on Valentine's to get take out, which cleverly rhymes with make out. =) A lovely tradition. This year, we decided to feed the kids and put them to bed before having our own dinner, which was very nice. We ordered Thai food from a place up the street and even splurged on delivery (well, the delivery was free but you have to tip the guy, obviously). 
The food was great and we had a nice time. Very low key, no pressure, mostly just a regular night, expect that I used cloth napkins. It's amazing how much cloth napkins dress up a table. 

We didn't linger too long over dinner, as my brother was in town for my aunt's funeral and all the brothers were getting together. But it was still very nice. We don't do gifts for Valentine's Day - after my birthday, Christmas, and our anniversary, we're pretty gifted out by the time Valentine's Day rolls around. But we do exchange cards, sometimes funny (read slightly inappropriate), sometimes sweet.

I love our simple, easy Valentine's tradition. But mostly I love that I have every day to spend with Ian. Happy Valentine's, Babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment