A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Two of my Favorite Moments of Today, Or Quite Possibly of the Year So Far

I love being a parent. And on some days, I really love it (obviously, on some days I don't, but this is a cheerful post, so we won't think about that for now). Today I had two, "This is so great!" moments.

The first one happened after I got Jonah up from his morning nap. We sat down in the chair to nurse and he closed his eyes and ate away. For a few minutes, we just sat in silence, him enjoying his milk and me thinking. Then I looked down at him and said something like, "Is that good, Buddy?" and he jumped, opened his eyes and gave me the most startled look, like "Oh, are you still here?" It was pretty hysterical.

And then tonight. Oh, tonight. Ruthie picked up the long wooden whistle we have in our toy chest, held it up in front of her mouth and began singing at the top of her lungs. It was awesome! I know, I know, something about how the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, right? I asked her what she was doing and she said, plain as day, "This is my microphone." I. Almost. Died. It was so great.

Sadly, I don't have a picture (or better yet video) of her pop star practice, but if she does it again, you better believe I will be racing for my phone.

That's all. nothing profound, nothing amazing. But still wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment