A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Friday, December 20, 2013

Ruthie's Birthday

Yesterday was Ruthie's 2nd Birthday. We didn't do too much to celebrate since we have a big shin-dig planned for tomorrow, but we still enjoyed the day. During the day, it rained and rained (hooray!), so Ruthie and I (Jonah was napping most of the morning) hunkered down. I made granola, which Ruthie calls "O-A" and it turned out delicious. It's a new recipe from my sister Sarah and I think I've finally landed on a keeper. Thanks, Sarah!

And we drank hot chocolate made with real milk - what a treat! 
And we watched Little Mermaid, Ruthie's favorite movie (she's only seen about 3 movies, but she does really love it.) She'll sing along with many of Ariel's songs and listening to her is one of my favorite things in the whole world.
Ian left work right when school got out so we headed to Disneyland in the afternoon/evening for a birthday trip. Ruthie wore her Minnie Mouse shirt, which she asks to wear everyday, and an awesome hat we got last year for her birthday from my friend Sarah. So cute! It was a great trip - we rode Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Dumbo, Small World, Mr. Toad's and Casey, Jr., and ate popcorn and a churro! Mary and Mike's family joined us there and Ruthie was so excited to have cousins with her.
Much more to come soon, from the Magic Kingdom at the McCurry home. Yes, Ruthie's birthday theme this year is Disneyland. I know, I know, we're a family of many interests. =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment